In any home, a stove is an essential requirement for cooking. Modern stoves come in a sleek design, creating a minimalist appearance in the kitchen. For users, stoves present a major benefit of not having to clean or replace burner grates or drip pans, which can be quite expensive.
These tops are also easy to clean. Popular stove tops used these days is either the ceramic stove top or glass stove top. While these stove tops do a perfect job of distributing heat evenly, they are quite susceptible to getting dirty. Just a simple fry or simmer of your favorite recipe, and in no time your clean, glittering stove top is full of greasy splatters, not to mention burned bits.
Worst comes when the greasy stains are left on the hot stove top for quite long. They burn-on, stick on the tops, and become even more difficult to remove using standard cleaners. Furthermore, using the wrong cleaner may worsen the stove top appearance, let alone compromising its heating and cooking performance.
Choosing an effective glass stove cleaner can be quite challenging. The market is flooded with different types of glass top cleaners. Choosing the right kind of cleaner for your glass top is critical to achieve the best results and also keep the stove in the correct shape.
Here are six best glass stove top cleaners that you should add to your kitchen cleaning arsenal to keep your glass stove top sparkling and attractive. Glass-top stove cleaning tips are also provided.
Tips for Glass-Top Stove Cleaning Basics
Before you head out to get the best glass stove top cleaner, it may be essential to go over stove cleaning tips. Here are some glass top stove cleaning tips.
- Clean while cool- You obviously don’t want to get burned while cleaning your stove.Therefore, before you clean the surface of your stove, you want to ensure it’s cooled enough.
- Use less cleaning agents- When cleaning these surfaces, ensure to use just the right amount to the cleaner. Excessive amounts may corrode your stove top or remain on the surface even when you wipe off. Cleaning agents’ remnants burn off while you cook and may emit poisonous fumes hazardous to your health.
- Read manufacturer’s instructions- Before using any glass top stove cleaning agents, you would want to go over the manufacturer’s instructions. This will ensure you avoid damaging your stove top by using the rights amounts and exercising the cautions indicated. Read the manufacturer’s instructions to establish if there are any warranties.
- Clean with gentler tools- Burnt stain bits are difficult to come out, and therefore you’ll need to scrub and wipe the glass top using a towel gently. To remove the burned bits, you can use soft cleaning materials such as sponges or microfiber cloths. Avoid using scouring pads or scrub brushes as they can leave scratches on the stove top. Razor blades are also quite effective in removing burned bits, and you would want to use it, especially when cleaning dirtier glass-top stoves. This will be discussed later.
Cleaning a Burnt Glass Stove Top
To clean a burnt glass top stoves, you can use either a razor blade or wipe with baking soda and a piece of dry towel. Using the baking soda method, you will need:
- Baking soda
- A clean towel
- A spray bottle of distilled white vinegar
- Microfiber cloths
- Hot water either in a clean sink or bucket
Proceed as follows:
- Ensure the stove is cooled and spray the surface with minimal amounts of vinegar
- Next,sprinkle baking soda on the surface of the stove
- Dip the clean towel in hot water and wring out excess water
- Place the towel over the baking soda and vinegar on the stove surface
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the towel and use a microfiber cloth to wipe away the baking soda and vinegar.
- Spray the surface with vinegar again and use a clean microfiber to scrub and wipe out any streaks.
- Repeat the process until the stove top becomes clean.
Cleaning a Burnt Glass-Top Stove Using a Razor Blade
When cleaning a burnt glass stove top, a razor blade comes in handy to remove the burnt-on rings around the burners or epoxy-like gunk without damaging the surface. For this method, you’ll need:
- A Microfiber cloth / clean towel
- Distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle. You can use also use baking soda in case you don’t have white vinegar.
- A Razor blade, preferably in a holder.
Proceed as follows
- Start by ensuring the owner’s manual does not discourage the use of a razor blade to clean the stove top. If yes, ensure the stove surface is cool.
- Spray the stove top with vinegar to soften the burnt rings
- Use a razor blade to scrape the burnt residue gently. When holding the razor blade,ensure the cutting edge is at a very slight angle from the surface of the stove. Make it as flat as possible and scrape gently.
- Wipe away the residue using a clean microfiber cloth or a clean towel
Apart from baking soda and razor blade, you can clean dirty glass stove tops using Mr.Magic Eraser and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. Mr. Magic Erase has over 100 different uses, and it’s safe to use on glass stove tops.
6 Best Glass Stove Top Cleaners
Weiman Gas Range Cleaner & Degreaser
- Powerful - Instantly dissolves soil, film, residue, rust & removes water spots without hard scrubbing
- Versatile - Use on shower doors, bathtubs, spas, pools, vanities, sinks & fiberglass boats or RVs.
When it comes to cleaning dirty glass stove tops, no cleaner does it better than Weiman Gas Range Cleaner and Degreaser. This 12-ounce cleaner is perfect for glass tops as well as other materials, including tile, porcelain, ceramic, and even aluminum tops. Weiman cleaner is very powerful and dissolves even the most stubborn of stains, including soap scum and rust without having to scrub hard using a rough tool.
It’s easy to use the cleaner thanks to the trigger spray bottle that allows you to dispense the cleaner at the right place you need it. You simply spray the dirty surface, and it immediately starts breaking the grease or burnt food residue on the stove top without having to scrub hard.
Weiman Gas Range Cleaner & Degreaser is non-abrasive and can restore your stove top to its original appearance leaving it sparkling color. A tip to remove extreme burned-on gunk using this cleaner is to let it soak on the surface for up to 15 minutes before you wipe away. This cleaner is also versatile, meaning that you can use it to clean different areas in the house, including kitchen tops, spas,bathtubs, pools, and so much more. This offers you real value for your money
Weiman Cook Top Cleaner and Polish
- Biodegradable - A Biodegradable Formula helps easily remove heavily burned on foods, grease & grime
- Shines - Dramatically cleans, shines and protects glass/ceramic smooth top ranges in one easy step
The Weiman Cook top Cleaner is a gentle formula perfect for cleaning greasy, oily, and gunk filled glass stove top as well as ceramic tops. The cleaner leaves no streaks and ideally cleans, shines, and protects the glass top. Easily and quickly clean your glass stove top by spraying the cleaner on the surface and wipe away with a scrubber.
The 22 oz cleaner constitutes of a heavy-duty and robust nylon cloth, which helps eliminate stubborn stains, including burnt food, grease, dust, and even rust.The formula is also non-abrasive, thus cleans without corroding the surface of your stove. With the cleaner, you’re assured of restoring the shine of the stove’s top. Apart from cleaning stove tops, Weiman Cook top Cleaner can effectively clean glass, sinks, faux marble, glass cook tops, ceramic, and even stainless-steel cookware.
- Quick,easy cleaning
Cerama Bryte Best Value Kit: Ceramic
- Product Type:Health_Personal_Care
- Item Package Dimension:8.712 cm L X18.288 cm W X24.003 cm H
Cook top Cleaner In addition to being a real value back, the Cerama Bryte Best Value Kit is a high-quality cleaner perfect for glass stove tops as well as ceramic tops. For less than$20, you get 20 ounces worth of cleaning solution, 10 cleaning pads, extra 2-ozcan of grease remover solution, and a scraper tool.
The cleaning formula is well designed to get rid of the toughest stains and can entirely transform a gunked up top to its original shiny look. Just a small drop goes a long way in getting you that desired clean, shiny appearance. The scrubbing pad in the package is non-abrasive; thus, your glass surface can never lose its shiny gleam. The cleaning formula is also effective on sinks,faux marble, as well as cookware of stainless steel.
- Value package (28 ounces of cleaning solution, 2-oz special grease remover solution,10 cleaning pads, and scrapper tool)
- Number1 formula for cleaning cook top surface
- Safe for all radiant and halogen cook tops
Bar Keepers Friends Cooktop Cleaner Kit
- Specially formulated for smooth top stoves
- Removes stubborn grease and grime and restores shine
When it comes to food-safe cook top cleaners, Bar Keepers Friend leads the way. The kit includes 13 ounces of a cleaning liquid and 3 non-scratch scourer cloths at just under 10 bucks. The best thing about this cleaner is that its gentle and safe. The cleaner is well formulated to eliminate almost all stains leaving a shiny top without leaving streak marks. It’s very effective in getting rid of watermarks, fingerprints,and burned-on food with no scratching.
The package comes with scourer cloths that are non-abrasive, thus perfect for glass tops.The non-abrasive scourer clothes are well designed to prevent the accumulation of food waste like a sponge; therefore, it minimizes the buildup of odors in the kitchen. Bar Keepers Friends is ammonia and silicone-free, thus food-safe.
- Safe and Gentle
- It comes with a non-abrasive, durable, non-scratch, non-smelly scourer cloths.
Cerama Bryte Glass-Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner
- #1 Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner formula in the world
- Safe for ALL Radiant and Halogen Cooktops
28 Ounce Cerama Bryte is the world’s number 1 formula for cleaning cooktop surfaces. The Glass-Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner is effective in cleaning dirty and grease-laden glass stove tops as well as ceramic stove surfaces. The formula is well designed for heavy-duty cleaning and can provide a perfectly clean surface.
It’s biodegradable and free from silicon, thus very safe for use on your glass stove top. The 28 oz bottle comes with a Cerama Bryte scrubbing pad, which is non-abrasive, thus prevent your glass or ceramic surface from losing its sheen.It’s quick and easy to use; therefore, it can be used for eliminating daily stove top stains.
- 28oz Bottle
- Biodegradable and silicon-free thus safe
- Versatile-Safe for all smooth tops, including radiant and halogen.
Glass & Ceramic Stove Top Cleaner12oz
- Return the highly polished and clean look to your cooktops
- Made from materials this formula was designed to clean stains and burns from ceramic and glass stovetops without creating scratches
The 12 oz Glass & Ceramic stove top cleaner is another high-quality stove top cleaner that leaves your stove surface clean and highly polished without any scratch marks. The formula is specially designed to eliminate almost all stains and food burns from glass and ceramic surfaces. The package comes with a Glass& Ceramic scrubbing pad made of plastic material ideal for scrubbing glass and ceramic tops
- Safe and effective
Glass stove top cleaners should be part of your kitchen arsenal to easily clean stove tops, which are quite susceptible to getting dirty. When choosing an ideal glass stove top cleaner, you would want to consider several crucial factors, including safety, ease of usage, the amount required for a single clean plus affordability.
The above-discussed glass stove top cleaners are very useful in cleaning and restoring your stove surface to its original shiny look. A clean stove top will complement your kitchen appearance making it more conducive for cooking. If you’re looking for a home cleaning remedy, baking soda can come in handy.